PURPLE KOHLRABI MICROGREENS
ORGANIC MICROGREEN/ URBAN FARM IN EDMONTON, AB
Kohlrabi is a fusion of the German words kohl + rabi which mean cabbage and turnip respectively. Hence, it is sometimes called German turnip.
Although it belongs to the same family as cabbage, broccoli, and cauliflower, it is not a very common vegetable.
Kohlrabi microgreens are often referred to as purple kohlrabi because of their purple stems.
The lavender-coloured stem of this plant and its green leaves are both edible.
The sweet broccoli taste and mild flavour of this plant makes it perfect for dishes like salad, sandwiches, slaws, or egg dishes. Its unique and vibrant colour will refine the look of any dish you garnish.
They can be planted and harvested in at least 2 weeks.
Kohlrabi microgreens are very nutritious and high in:
– Vitamin C: which is essential for growth, development, and repair of body tissues
– Vitamin B6: benefits the central nervous system and metabolism
– Vitamin B9: helps with the production of red blood cells
– Vitamin B1: essential for glucose metabolism
– Potassium: reduces blood pressure
– Phosphorus: helps with the formation of healthy bones and teeth, and
– Calcium: for building and maintaining strong bones.